Birthday Evetts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool #11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I would say that I really enjoyed learning all of these tools and being forced to learn them. Because I liked so many of these new tools, I will say that my very favorite one is my blog. I say this because I have included hyperlinks from my blog and I can go back and use this to help me find my favorites quickly and I can reread what I like about them.
2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
I am ready to challenge myself by learning new things along with my students. I am planning to use much more technology in the classroom and will work this technology into workstations so that more students can be working on the same or different things as needed. I plan to use Menus in the classroom and incorporate technology; ipads, ipods, flip cameras, etc... I envisoin students working in small groups on the floor or in isolation if needed to help guide their learning.
3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I found this one much easier than the 23 Things. This might have been the case because I have simply used a lot of these programs and can sail through them quicker. I am not afraid of the unknown and know I can probably ask students for help as well as my colleges since they have also completed or will have completed these same tools. Now, I am off to explore more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad this was easier than 23...it gets easier the more you do...just know that what ever support you need...come visit in the library...several of the second grade classrooms did a lot last year..so the kids will be coming up prepared!

melanie said...

Hi Kate! I am only on tool 2 right now. I am proud of you for not procrastinating like I did. Can I use my 1 year old as an excuse? I love your blog! Great job!
Hug!
Mel

Laurie said...

It is so encouraging and exciting to see a blog of someone who has completed all 11 tools. We just started at SBMS. I hope you have fun using the technology. It would be great if you posted blogs on how you use your ipads & itouches in the classroom so we can share ideas. Have fun!