Birthday Evetts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool #10

I want to make sure that my students understand how to use digital citizenship, copyright laws, and appropriate online behavior. I will use the Power to Learn Grant as a resouce to help me find sites to teach this. I will use http://www.brainpop.com/, Cyberethics for Kids and http://www.cyberbee.com/copyrt.html as well as many more to aid in teaching my students the importance of being a good digital citizen. I am very familiar with Brainpop and know that will be my first site to use.
At the start of the year I will have students listen to and interact with Brianpop. We will do a short new lesson or review of an important lesson every day that we plan to use technology for research and communicating with others through the internet.
Parents will hear new information either through our grade level newsletters or through their students when I encourage them to share what we have learned. I want students to know the importance of digit good citizenship so they can be respectful to others and to themselves. This is a new world of technology and I will be learning right along with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time you do a project...just bring it to their attention...they'll get it...Brainpop is wonderful!