Birthday Evetts

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 12

Being a teacher and now a blogger I see a lot a similarities:
1. When leaving a comment (on a blog or an assignment) make it meaningful. This helps students improve their work just like it it helps to get more information to the blogger.
2. Ask ?s to get comments: When writing letters back and forth with students, it really encourages them to respond if you ask a ?. This is the same with a blogger. If you ask questions people are more likely to comment about them.
3. Be nice: I always try to start off with a nice comment (of course meaningful too) before I let them know what they need to improve on or let them know my point of view. For the blogger, leave a nice comment telling your point of view.
Something else that I have always been curious about is how to do the hyperlinking. I will need to practice this. Maybe now...maybe later. You'll have to wait and see if it's on my blog yet. Keep checking. When you see it you'll know I have figured it out.
Commenting on other people's blogs: I have now commented on at least 5 bloggers easily with my blogger name signing off, but I came back later and incorrectly left a comment with my actual name rather than my blogger name on 1. I tried to fix it, but it was too late.
Well, I am off to check out other people's blogs and see what gets my attention.
Okay, I have checked out information about recycling and how to get started in my home. I learned some important information about disposing of light bulbs as well as getting new recycling bins. I also commented on these blogs thanking them for the new learned information. I can't wait to read more blogs as well as comment when necessary.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, in my effort to learn about commenting on blogs, listening to my kids read and listening to the Wii, I forgot to enter the word verification so that my comment could actually be posted, ugh!
So my comment was, that I can tell you yourself are writing more and I wonder if you will get more comments just becuase of that?

Mrs. Evetts said...

In refernce to what Liz commented that I might get more comments because I have written more than others, I disagree. I think the more someone writes, the less someone will want to read it because it will take too long! :(

Mrs. Davis said...

I loved the idea about writing questions too. I think students will want to respond more if they have a question guiding them.