Birthday Evetts

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing 8

Boy! I think this RSS "thing" should count for a lot more than 18 hours alone. It took me so long. I understood the concept, but I struggled with the basics to actual start creating this. I went ahead and shared some of the sites I liked. I thought 1 news site was enough for me but still needed. Then there are the movies that I never manage to get to but can't wait to one day. I put a children's book site as well as a children's experiment site. I thought I could get some good ideas from these for the school year. For motivation, I added quotes. I usually like those and they are nice and simple. What I like about this tool is that it is right at my finger tips. And I finally understand what that orange symbol stands for. I think that I will be able to best use this technology in school because I can find the book site quickly to help decide what would be a good book to use for the class lessons. As far as how it will benefit me in life well, I can look up books for myself and or family as well as movies that we want to know when and where they are playing without starting from the beginning each time. I can also find out what is going on in the news. In fact I should add a weather site. I think libraries could use RSS by setting up content specific sites for certain topics with appropriate information for users. For example, experiment sites for those who need ideas, or computer game sites for extra practice. If one gets bored with a site, he only has to go right back to the RSS to find another appropriate one. Anyway, I think it will take some getting used to as I move along the web and my thing 8 RSS page. Yuck!!! Hopefully I will start to enjoy it more than I loathe it! :)

No comments: